Here are 5 common misconceptions many people hold about soft washing.
- Soft washing is just using low pressure: Soft washing is not just using low pressure, it’s a method that involves using a specialized solution that is applied to the surface using low pressure, and then the solution is left to sit for a period of time to allow it to break down and remove the dirt, algae, and other organic material. The surface is then rinsed with low-pressure water.
- Soft washing is only for roofs: Soft washing is not just for roofs, it can also be used to clean a wide variety of exterior surfaces such as siding, stucco, concrete, and brick.
- Soft washing is not as effective as pressure washing: Some people believe that soft washing is not as effective as pressure washing, but in fact, it can be even more effective for certain types of dirt and stains, especially for removing organic material such as algae, moss and mildew that can grow on exterior surfaces.
- Soft washing is only for residential properties: Soft washing is not just for residential properties, it can also be used for commercial and industrial properties, such as office buildings, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities.
- Soft washing is a one-time solution: Soft washing is not a one-time solution, it’s a regular maintenance task, depending on the location, weather conditions, and the type of surface, it may be required to be done every 6 months to 2 years, to keep the surfaces clean and prevent the growth of organic materials. Especially in shaded areas where algae tends to multiply quickest!